Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Can Trust

“[Set your hope] on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.”
2 Timothy 6:17

“He fulfills the desire of those who fear him”
Psalm 145

“If you then, who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
Luke 11:13

“Know, therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations…”
Deuteronomy 7:9

“He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.”
I Thessalonians 5:24

“If we are faithless, he remains faithful. The saying is trustworthy, for he cannot deny himself.”
2 Timothy 2:13, 11

“Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.”
Hebrews 10:23


I can trust the Lord because He has proven himself faithful. To not be faithful is against His very nature. So many times, I have found myself claiming to trust God IF he provides. This is foolishness. The Lord will provide, for He is faithful. God’s promises do not come with a time frame, therefore I cannot expect for things to happen in my own time frame or even in my own idea of what would be best. How dare I tell the Sustainer of the Universe to do things my way? How dare I present him with “if you provide”? I should not forget that I am the one accountable to Him; The Lord is not accountable to me. He owes me nothing. But in his love and grace, He seeks to provide for my desires.

“There will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
2 Peter 1:11


And here, he has provided for my greatest need, without me even knowing I had the need of a Savior. I serve a spectacular God!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a comfort to know that our God knows us so completely...
    "O Lord, you have searched and know me.
    You know when I sit and whan I rise;
    You preceive my thoughts from afar.
    You discern my going out and my lying down;
    and you are familiar with my ways.
    Before a word is on my tongue
    you know it completely, O Lord"

    Psalms 139:1-4...my favorite
    Gram "L"

    ReplyDelete